"Planet Protectors": Our Accomplishments
|"e" inc. is dedicated to helping
students become positive actors for the environment, starting right
in their own communities. Here are some examples of the many actions
that our "Planet Protectors" have taken as a first step toward
becoming lifelong, committed environmental citizens:
In June, all those students who successfully complete the "Planet
Protectors" curriculum are invited to participate in an end-of-year
ceremony at the "e" inc. headquarters where
they can celebrate their positive contributions and learn about the
accomplishments of "Planet Protectors" from other local communities.
- public service announcements
- letter-writing campaigns
- personal pledges
- pledge walls
- Students collect pledges taken from friends, family, and
neighbors that detail their commitment to act positively for
- large topic-specific school projects - Examples:
- In the rainforest program, students have initiated school-wide
recycling campaigns and installed educational campaigns around
the rainforest destruction caused by eating fast-food hamburgers
- In the global warming program, students have monitored and
lowered their schools' energy use.
A demonstration of our Oceans program will be online soon.